WELNEY PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer
Applications are invited for the role of Parish Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer to Welney Parish Council. The position is available now. The post involves implementing the various decisions made by the Parish Council as well as ensuring their legal and financial obligations are met.
Hours – 6 to 8 hours per week – must be worked flexibly including attendance at meetings of which twelve are held during each year on the first Tuesday of each month at the William Marshall Centre, Hurn Drove, Welney. The job is home based and requires good internet access. A laptop and printer will be provided.
The successful candidate will have good IT and social media skills and will receive a salary based on the NJC Scales depending on experience and qualifications. The successful applicant will also be expected to hold the CiLCA qualification or be prepared to work immediately towards achieving this qualification.
The main duties will include
- To arrange, publicise and attend Parish Council meetings
- To prepare the Agenda (in conjunction with the Chairman) and minute the meetings
- To liaise with the District & County Councils, other organisations and official bodies and the public as requested.
- To manage the Parish Council’s finances and prepare the accounts for annual internal and external audit.
- To attend to correspondence and administrative tasks.
- To review all Parish Council policies including Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
- To manage the Parish Council website
- To maintain Parish Council files, paper and electronic.
- To arrange the Welney Annual Parish Meeting in March of each year.
The Parish Council are sole Trustee of the Welney Playing Field Charity and the Clerk would be expected to attend Trustee meetings as and when arranged.
Please submit a letter of application for the vacancy as soon as possible, including CV and the names and addresses of two referees to the chairman: Mr Graham Rainbird, Welney Farmhouse, Wisbech Road, Welney, Wisbech, PE14 9QA or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Monday 05 February 2018.
Interviews will be arranged shortly thereafter.